People watch documentaries to be:
- educated or informed about the situation
- to socially interact with others about the documentary
- to escape from their daily live’ s.
- in order to identify with the characters and their situations
- and sometimes to be entertained ( depends what the documentary is about)
These reason are all Blumler and katz theory, the 5 reasons why audiences consume media texts. This is why people watch documentaries. For example i watch ‘ count down to murder’. To be educated about how they solve certain mysteries and how long it look them. Also i could escape from my daily routine and i could socially interact with others the next day.
pleasures for viewers are that you can learn new facts, to be interested and also you can relate to them in a certain way.